On a gloomy day we tend to reach for black or neutrals, but next time you’re about to do it, change things up and go for a pop of bold color instead. On this rainy New York day I was about to wear my usual neutral formula but because I rotated my closet, I was able to easily reach for a cobalt blue shirt instead. Colors, as we wrote in our book “Life in Color: The Visual Therapy Guide to the Perfect Palette–for Fashion, Beauty, and You!“, have the ability to uplift your mood and affect how others react to you, especially when you reach for your most flattering shades, so use it wisely! For example, my best colors are highly saturated and intense. Pair your pop of color with black to balance it out, and it will take you from day to evening. It really helps that I’ve already edited and rotated my wardrobe for spring, making sure everything has its place so that I can see what I have. Read about the wardrobe editing process here.
Shop Jesse’s pop of color picks from Moda Operandi and Net-a-Porter:
- Valentino Rockstud Leather Clutch, netaporter.com
- Paul Andrew M’O Exclusive: Artistata Suede Mule Stiletto Heels, modaoperandi.com
- Roksana Ilinic Stretch Neoprene And Wool Crepe Midi Skirt netaporter.com
- MICHAEL Michael Kors Wrap Front Silk Blouse, netaporter.com
- Peter Pilotto Leia Printed Lace Dress, modaoperandi.com
- Nina Runsforf 18K White Gold Opals And Diamond Pave Earrings, modaoperandi.com