In 2015, VT is pleased to announce our entry into home. Our motto has always been image, identity, clarity, and defining your style type gives you a place to begin. Once you have reached that clarity, it is a natural evolution to translate that into your environment as an expression of your authentic self.
Designing your home based on your style type (or at least infusing the elements) allows you to create the perfect space that represents the best version of you. Join us each week as we share our point of view on the incredible world of interior design, applying our principles and philosophies to everything from art and architecture to current trends and designers.
There are many tricks of the trade in the world of interior design, and one of the easiest ways to make your mark is with wallcoverings. No matter your budget there is a multitude of innovative options. You can choose something as simple as a bold paint color, or opt for specialty wallpaper such as those from Elitis Collection or Cole and Sons, decorative paint finishes, or even wood or stone walls.
If you want to set your home apart, dare to make a statement. The good news is just one wall can be a game changer and create hardly any disruption in your home. Here are a few ideas to inspire you based on the VT Style types. -Joe
1. Imagine this entry without the bold choice of wallpaper from Houzz – it would be quite ordinary.
2. A very simple, inexpensive library is turned extraordinary with a bold choice in wallpaper.
3. A completely fresh take on classic using simple black subway tiles with contrasting grout and brass hardware.
1. Simply using this chic wallpaper technique on the headboard transforms the entire bedroom.
2. A very simple art deco room is elevated with a gold leaf wall or wallpaper.
3. This incredibly chic, luxurious bathroom features a careful selection of marble slabs and meticulous attention to detail with installation.
1. A wonderfully whimsical effect using complimentary patterns from Cole and Sons’ Hicks Grand collection.
2. This bold geometric statement wallpaper from the Geometric Collection at Cole and Sons completely transforms this very average staircase.
1. This bohemian eat-in kitchen solution is very cool considering the walls are just long pieces of wood stained in ebony.
2. A very simple Wonderwall wood wall treatment makes the room in this boho chic bedroom.
1. An incredible ceramic tile treatment creates an uber avant-garde effect.
2. This very cool wall treatment adds texture and dimension and creates a headboard.
3. A wooden headboard option is very avant-garde and can be easily achieved from any cabinet-maker. Or if you’re adventuresome and crafty, it could be a fun DIY project!