Even though we’re still in summer vacation mode, don’t neglect walking into stores – the time to jump on some of those statement pieces that you’ll wear all fall is NOW. Shopping is supposed to be fun, but scrambling around reactively once fall is already here can be stressful! If you want to be ready to hit the ground running in September, you should start putting your energy into your wardrobe now, and shopping as soon as the collections start rolling into the store.
Five tips to prepare your wardrobe for fall:
- Look at your existing fall wardrobe and make note of what needs to be replaced.
- Take care of your alterations before the busy season hits.
- Consider the categories of your lifestyle: business, dinner, lunches, cocktail, evening, etc.
- Look at your social calendar for fall (think holidays and special occasions).
- Think of special pieces that you can infuse to instantly update your wardrobe.
Speaking of… I’ve got just the right finds for you, all from Bergdorf Goodman.
Fendi is one of my favorite collections for a modernist lady look, and this season they knocked it out of the park with the Trois-Jour bag, not only with color, but also texture. Calfskin with trapunti-stitched crocodile pattern really gives this bag a new dimension, showing the Italian fashion house’s craftsmanship. This statement bag will go with everything and taking any look to the next level.
Nicolas Kirkwood Purple Suede Pump
You wouldn’t necessarily think of fall as the time to infuse bright colors into your wardrobe, but Nicolas Kirkwood nailed it with this purple pump that will dress up any look.
Chic, sexy and not overdone, these booties will update your skinny dark denim jeans and pop all your charcoal grey pieces.