The classic cape gets an update this season with architectural sharp lines, split sleeves and color blocking. Pair your cape with a short skirt for an extra feminine look, or opt for jeans, like Margaret Zhang, for a casual weekend ensemble.
Wear one of the season’s biggest trends like a street style blogger with our picks for every budget.
- NastyGal Elliatt Cape Blazer $150, nastygal.com
- Zara Cape With Striped Interior $119, zara.com
- Holmes & Yang Colorblock Cape $459, barneyswearhouse.com
- DSTM Cape Coat $872, farfetch.com
- St. John Double-Face Cashmere-Blend Cape $995, saksfifthavenue.com
- Kaviar Gauche Split Sleeve Cape $1040, farfetch.com
Another fun way to wear the cape trend when the summer weather hits is a cape dress, as seen on Alexa Chung.
- Peter Pilotto Printed Cape-Back Dress $1025, neimanmarcus.com
- Maison Martin Margiela Cape-Inspired Dress $830, barneys.com
- Nasty Gal Angel Cape Dress $68, nastygal.com
- DKNY Cape Dress $149, dkny.com
- Foravi Navy Cape Dress $279, shoptiques.com
MORE: Our Favorite Coats For 5 Style Types