Entertaining friends and family for Thanksgiving? Be sure that your table setting represents you and your home.
Setting the tone for the holidays can be a slippery slope. While we do enjoy a seasonally festive table, sometimes one can find herself caught up in the cheer and take it a bit overboard, compromising the overall design scheme of the dining room or worse even, the entire home.
Just in time for the Thanksgiving, here are a few of our favorite tasteful tablescapes to inspire you, as well as a few tips to help you avoid potential derailment this holiday season.
5 Keys to A Festive Holiday Table Setting
1. The right accessories and linens are essential to a cohesive theme in your home. Even though this is a holiday table, try to use accessories that compliment the overall mood of your dining room (and home).
2. Incorporating natural elements such as flowers, fruit and/or succulents into your scheme creates a warm and welcoming and bountiful mood.
3. Plan your seating carefully. To ensure that all of your guests enjoy the holiday meal to its fullest, use careful thought and consideration (and of course, place cards) when setting your table.
4. Avoid using high centerpieces. Overwhelming centerpieces can create barriers and separate guests disrupting the flow of conversation.
5. Scented candles on the table can take over the senses and adversely affect the taste of food to your guests