Image via Jessie Bush
We think it goes without saying that many of us need a break from the news cycle and their constant updates on the spread of COVID 19. Still, we are urging everyone to please stay safe and do your part to help contain the virus by following the World Health Organization’s guidelines.
But, just because we’re practicing social distancing doesn’t mean we can’t plan ahead and style the looks we’ll need when things settle down eventually. A capsule collection makes it easy to mix, match, and restyle pieces, so we decided to curate spring collections based on each style type. The best part? You don’t need to leave your house to snap up the styles we chose.
First up are Classic and Chic, stay tuned because later this week we’ll be posting Whimsical, Bohemian, and Avant-garde!
- Sacai Paneled Trench
- Spinelli Gold, Sterling Silver, and Diamond Ring
- The Row White Denim Jacket
- Jennifer Fisher Silver Hoop Earrings
- Saint Laurent Woven Leather Sandals
- Khaite Envelope Shoulder Bag
- Acne Studios Kandra Ribbed Top
- Vince Belted Leather Skirt
- Givenchy Aviator Sunglasses
- The Row Straight Leg Jeans
Tips + Tricks
- Classic style types are all about timeless staples. By sticking to a mostly neutral color palette, it’s easy to create and recreate various looks with each garment.
- Invest in outerwear and accessories, since they’ll be the first thing people see. A great pair of earrings and a fabulous trench are enough to elevate any simple outfit.
- Choose pieces with built-in accessories, such as this Vince belted leather skirt, it removes a step from the styling process and automatically looks polished.
- Layer up! Layering outerwear—e.g. a denim jacket under a trench coat—is unexpected and perfect for a chilly spring day, or throw a knit tank over a white shirt for added warmth and style.
- Paris Georgia Satin Halterneck Dress
- Loren Steward Gold Chainlink Necklace
- Khaite Ribbed White Top
- Spinelli Gold and Silver Hoop Earrings
- Acne Studios Pinstripe Cropped Blazer
- Porte & Paire Leather Fishnet Mules
- Bottega Veneta Knotted Leather Tote
- Stand Studio Faux Leather Shorts
- Givenchy Satin-Twill Brown Pants
- Saint Laurent Square Frame Sunglasses
Tips + Tricks
- Chic style types love to play with proportions, but making sure the look is balanced is key. For example, pair a slim fit knit top with wide leg pants or a loose oversized sweater with skinny leather jeans.
- Jewel tones are a chic girl’s best kept secret. Either go for a monochromatic head-to-toe color look or add a pop with a blouse, handbag, or pair of shoes.
- Mixing metals can be incredibly chic if done the right way. Spinelli Kilcollin’s jewelry is a great intro, but for those on a budget, try layering gold and silver rings on the same finger.
- It’s all about texture! Chic women are drawn to simple, sophisticated designs with a textural twist. Think a pair of braided mules instead of plain smooth leather, leather pants instead of the ubiquitous wool, or textured silk blouses.