Jesse and I, obsessed with the Saint Laurent / Berge relationship, couldn’t resist seeing the fabulous new Yves Saint Laurent film the night it opened in New York. Although we have seen and read every story told about the inspiring couple, this was by far the best yet – a must see for any lover of fashion. Here’s why. -Joe
- Jalil Lespert’s direction was wonderful and the film was visually stunning.
- Dynamic performances by Pierre Niney as Yves, depicting his struggles and his passions, and Guillaume Gallienne, as he made it his life’s work to unconditionally love and ultimately to ‘navigate the genius’ that was Saint Laurent.
- The set was beautifully recreated and shot with the permission of Berge.
- The costumes were perfection all the way down to the full runway presentation, using actual clothes from the Yves Saint Laurent archives.
- Even though we all know the story here, who doesn’t enjoy a fashionably French histoire d’amour?
RELATED: L’amour Fou Documentary