Last week for Style Tip Tuesday, we looked at 5 must-have fall pieces to instantly update your wardrobe. But having a solid foundation that is both comfortable and versatile is just as important.
When shopping, remember not to only go for statement pieces, but also to update your basics that go with everything. Beneath every fine home is a solid foundation, and that goes for your wardrobe, too. You need reliable basics – the cake – upon which to construct your desired look. That means starting with flattering pieces in neutral colors and a pair of perfectly fitted jeans. To this, you will apply the frosting – the key pieces that will express your defined style and complete your look.
5 FOUNDATION PIECES FOR FALL
1. Midnight skinny jeans are a foundation to any casual wardrobe. Our brand of choice for our clients is J Brand.
2. Sleek and flattering, a pair of skinny pants will take you from day into evening while always giving you that chic, sexy look. The Row nailed it with these fitted pants.
3. Saint Laurent blouses are the best out there – ladylike with an edge, this white blouse is a must-have, and the perfect piece for transitioning from summer to fall.
4. These Stuart Weitzman suede boots are most comfortable and flattering pair of shoes you could own. The grey suede will read back to everything in your fall wardrobe.
5. If there’s a piece you can invest in that’ll be sure to serve you for years, it’s a crocodile clutch. This modernist elongated Nancy Gonzalez clutch will go with everything in your wardrobe, instantly updating your evening look.
Have fun mixing and matching your foundation with this season’s must-haves. Next week, we will look at putting it all (both the cake and the frosting) together.